We welcome you to register for the Western Emergency Department Operations Conference!
Register now for the 5th Annual Western Emergency Department Operations Conference (WEDOC) being held on April 16th and 17th, 2015 at the Morris J. Wosk Centre in Vancouver, and book your accommodation with Delta Vancouver Suites. The goal of the conference is to bring local, national and international experts together to explore how we can better address system issues in the management of our Emergency Departments (ED) with a focus on ED crowding.
WEDOC is one of the only conferences in Canada that focuses on ED process improvements and efficiencies. The conference is a collaborative effort between the four Western Provinces and the five major western universities. There is simply no other similar event in Canada that brings together patients, healthcare providers, managers, decision and policy makers together to create a common understanding and awareness of the biggest ED issues.
Western Emergency Department Operations Conference (WEDOC 2015): Ahead of the Crowd.<http://ubccpd.ca/course/wedoc-2014>
Target audience: Administrators, Decision-Makers, ED Clinicians including Allied Health Providers, Nurses, Physicians and Patients Up to 12.75 MOC Section 1/Mainpro-M1 Credits
Registration: Register Online http://ubccpd.ca/course/wedoc-2015
Register before March 25th to receive the early bird discount!!
- Alecs Chochinov, MD, FRCPC, Head, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB
- Matthew Cooke, MD, Professor of Clinical Systems Design, Warwick Medical School; Deputy Medical Director Strategy and Transformation) Heart of England, NHS
- Marko Duic, MD CCFP (EM) Chief, Dept of Emergency Medicine, Southlake Regional Health Centre Newmarket, Ontario
- Drew Digney MD, CCFP(EM), Island Health Executive Medical Director – Access and Care Transition, Nanaimo, BC
- Vivian Eliopoulos, RN, Chief Operating Officer, Vancouver Acute, Vancouver, BC
- Eric Grafstein, MD, FRCPC, Regional Head, Emergency Medicine, Vancouver Coastal Health-PHC, Vancouver BC (Co-Chair)
- Grant Innes, MD, FRCPC, Emergency Medicine, Calgary AB
- Craig Mitton, PhD, Director, UBC Master of Health Administration & Senior Scientist, Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, Vancouver BC
- Brian H. Rowe, MD, MSc, CCFP(EM), FCCP; Professor, Department of Emergency, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB
- Sherry Stackhouse, RN, Emergency Nurse Clinician & Educator, Emergency Department, Lions Gate Hospital, North Vancouver, BC
- Cynthia Startup, RN, Director, Emergency Regional Services Planning, Vancouver Coastal Health-PHC, Vancouver, BC
- James Stempien, MD, FCFP (EM), Head, Emergency Medicine, Saskatoon Health Region, Saskatoon, SK