The mission of the UBC CFPC-EM Program is to produce excellent practitioners and leaders in Family and Emergency Medicine. The Program strives to be the national leader in Family and Emergency Medicine.
The UBC CFPC-EM Program is based on the following values:
• There is a body of knowledge and skills unique to Emergency/Family Medicine
• The Emergency/Family physician is a skilled clinician
• Emergency/Family Medicine is community-based
• The Emergency/Family physician is a resource to a defined practice population
• The doctor-patient relationship is central to the role of the Emergency/Family physician